Now you can cook Mexican Meatball Soup in your home?
Meatball Soup is a traditional Mexican soup which known to people as Albording Soup. Meatball is a ball of ground or chopped meat, usually beef, with added seasonings and, for this reason, this recipe called as Meatball Soup.
It is not difficult to make Meatball Soup.
Meatball Soup is a simple soup; if you want to make it just meat, onions, garlic, broth and tomatoes needed. After cooking soup with ground beef or turkey and rice, you just drop the meatball. To make it you can add meat in meatball and soup both. Also, you can add some carrots, green beans and peas to make it delicious.
Use of mint can make the extraordinary taste.
Distinctive is the chopped mint in the meatballs and it create flavor in this soup. It was long since, I met with the Mexican chef and talk about the lack of mint in his recipe of meatball soup. He was surprised to know this and said, “Oho, my mother puts mint in her cook and it was awesome”. It is not essential to use mint in your recipe. I think that, you can try with a little fresh oregano or some cilantro, but the taste will not same.
What can be the mint substitute?
There is no fresh mint in your touch; Herbal mint tea can give you the same quality. You just use a couple of teaspoons of dried mint for it. The vegetables can change depending on your choice. For example, you can try spring peas in their pods instead of shucked peas or you could add some chopped fresh zucchini. I have clear remembered, my mother very often adds a couple of extra tablespoons of chopped mint directly. Ground turkey for the ground beef can be your proxy.
How much and what ingredients you have to use?
- Only 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Chopped 1 large onion.
- 1 Minced large garlic clove.
- Chicken stock or beef stock or water or a mixture of both required 3 quarts (You can use half stock half water as the meatballs will create their own stock also)*
- Tomato sauce required 1/2 cup of.
- String beans 1/2 lb, strings and ends removed, cut into pieces 1 inch.
- Peeled and sliced 2 large carrots,
- Need 1/3 cup of raw white rice.
- Ground beef need 1 pound.
- Chopped fresh mint leaves 1/4 cup.
- Chopped parsley 1/4 cup.
- Raw 1 egg.
- Salt can be 1 and 1/2 teaspoons.
- Black pepper 1/4 teaspoon.
- A dash of cayenne (Not vital).
- 1.5 cup of fresh peas or frozen
- One teaspoon of dried oregano, crumbled, or you can use chopped 1 Tbsp fresh oregano.
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Using prepared stock.
* If you are cooking gluten-free be sure to use gluten-free stock.
Method of cooking:
First you need to heat oil use medium heat in a large heavy-bottomed pot (5-qt). Put in onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes and add the garlic and cook 1 minute extra. Now add broth mixture and tomato sauce here. Carry to boil and reduce heat to simmer and add carrots and string beans accordingly.
After that, prepare the meatballs carefully. Mix up the rice into meat, adding mint leaves, parsley, salt and pepper one after another. It is time to mixture into 1-inch meatballs with raw egg.
At an instant add the meatballs to the simmering soup. Cover up and let boil for 1/2 hour and add the peas towards. Put in a few pinches of oregano and sprinkle with salt and pepper, and a dash of cayenne, to taste it.